The Journey to Dentures: A Tale of Patience and New Teeth


 Man! It sucks to get old, those over the age of fifty-five years old should understand where I'm coming from. Besides the aches and pains that come with age, when your teeth decide they no longer want to stay in your mouth because you neglected to care for them properly really sucks! Well, I had to see the dentist because three of my teeth were broken, one of my front teeth was loose, and I found it difficult to chew food properly. So I decided to have them all removed so that I could receive dentures. My problem after that was that I thought I would get new teeth right away, but that wasn't the case at all!

Let me tell you, the journey to dentures requires patience. After my teeth were extracted, I had to wait for the gums to heal before the dentures could be fitted. It took a few weeks for the gums to fully heal, and during that time, I had to be careful with what I ate. Soft foods became my best friend, and I had to say goodbye to my favorite crunchy snacks for a while unless I soaked them until they softened in my mouth.

The first dentist that my insurance approved neglected to smooth a back tooth bone down enough, which I was informed by my new dentist's office would have caused me lots of pain and problems keeping dentures in my mouth, thing is the first dentist I had to travel to was out of Orlando, yet my new dentist was local, here in Leesburg, well the villages.

Once my gums were ready, I had to go through a series of appointments with my dentist. First, they took impressions of my mouth to create a mold for the dentures. This process involved having a gooey substance placed in a tray and then biting down on it and her (the dental assistance finger in my mouth). It wasn't the most pleasant experience, but it was necessary to ensure a proper fit for the dentures.

After the impressions were taken, I had to wait again for the dentures to be made. This waiting period felt like an eternity, especially since I was eager to have a full set of teeth again. However, I was informed that I have to have another fitting on the 18th stay tuned to see what I have to say about this process.

So, if you find yourself in a similar situation, needing dentures to replace missing teeth, just remember that the journey may require some patience. It's not an instant fix, but the result is worth it I think. Take care of your oral health, and don't neglect regular dental check-ups to avoid reaching the point of needing dentures in the first place. And if you do, embrace the process be patient, and trust the experts. Soon enough, hopefully, the end result will be an excellent one!

Jesse Holmes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sheriffs in Polk, Brevard, and Volusia Counties: Promoting Concealed-to-Carry Firearms Licenses, shoot alot!

Why are African Americans Leaving their jobs?

Our Hospital Visit: A Funny Moment and a Doctor's Advice